Cog belt conveyors
- Two or more cog belts run parallel between the drive gear and turning wheel.
- Specially suitable in environments with demands to withstand heavy conditions.
- Suitable for transportation of goods with sensitive surfaces.
- The space in between the cog belts allow for robots to go down with their gripping tools below the carried goods.
- Locking devices and other units that need to reach the goods from below have good access.
- Can go at high speeds.
- More expensive than roller conveyors or belt conveyors.
- If variation in goods size, more cog belts are required.